Monday, November 28, 2016

Book Review : Written In Fire (Brilliance #3) by Marcus Sakey




Synopsis :

The explosive conclusion to the bestselling Brilliance Trilogy

For thirty years humanity struggled to cope with the brilliants, the 1 percent of people born with remarkable gifts. For thirty years we tried to avoid a devastating civil war.

We failed.

The House is a smoking ruin. Madison Square Garden is an internment camp. In Wyoming, an armed militia of thousands marches toward a final, apocalyptic battle.
Nick Cooper has spent his life fighting for his children and his country. Now, as the world staggers on the edge of ruin, he must risk everything he loves to face his oldest enemy—a brilliant terrorist so driven by his ideals that he will sacrifice humanity’s future to achieve them.


Review : 

At last I managed to finish Brilliance saga trilogy. And I can say that I am really satisfied with it.

This story was direct continuation from the previous installment. It was much better because this is where the conflict at its highest and suppose "final war" should happen. I cannot tell more without spoiling the story. But, the question that you may have in the second series will be answered in this final story. Besides the action itself (if you can call it action), is much better than its previous installments. I don't know whether to be sad or happy because it was quite anti climax for certain plot. I mean you expect big fight and something like that and you get it, but at the same time, it lacks certain emotional feelings. I am sorry that I cannot really explain it. The irony is I feel certain emotional feelings when big boss die. Maybe somehow I feel sorry with him, despite many bad things that he have done.

On the other side, what I like from this story is it was quite smooth and flow naturally. You don't feel that you have to forced yourself to understand it deeply. It was complex and yet easy to be understood. At least that's what I feel. Surprisingly, I quite like the ending despite it is what it is. Some may not like it but I always have soft spot for bitter sweet or poetic ending. It gives bigger and lasting impression for me than simple happy ending. Anyway, I really recommend this story for science fiction fans. Don't worry it was not hard science fiction. So everyone can enjoy it.

My rating : 4.5 of 5


Regards,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment