Friday, July 21, 2023

TV series : Beauty of Resilience (2023)

 






trailer 


Ending song 


It's been a very very long time since last time I post in this blog. Suddenly, I just feel like I want to post something. Previously I find series that I quite enjoy. The series is Beauty of Resilience (花戎) It was broadcasted on IQIYI and have 36 episodes. This is Xianxia story. For people who don't know xianxia, it is popular literary genre that blends elements of fantasy, martial arts, and immortality. 

This drama is adapted from the popular Xianxia novel "The Mistaken Eternal Life" by Lin Jiacheng. It tells the magnificent Xianxia story of Wei Zhi (played by Ju Jingyi), the female protagonist who is reincarnated as a phoenix, and Yan Yue (played by Guo Junchen), the male protagonist who is the Sun God. They go through hardships and finally break the destiny of how the "phoenix nirvana will shake the three worlds" and rewrite their own Xianxia story together. 

I have watched all the episodes and really enjoy it. The story is your typical xianxia in which there is element of forbidden love, but it is not heavy series. The setting is quite nice and the story is enjoyable, especially for Guo Junchen and Ju Jingyi fans. The story revolved around 3 realms (heaven realm, human realm, and demon realm). Unlike your typical xianxia, there is not much tension between heaven realm and demon realm. So, the story is not littered with fighting. 

I like the early school arc. It is quite nice and not draggy. The other arc I also like is the mortal arc. Some people do not like this arc, but I enjoy it. I enjoy Chen Yan character more than Yan Yue. Guo Junchen acting here really shines. Ju Jingyi is also better as Wang Yue than Wei Zhi. What stand out the most for me, is the acting and the music. Love the actors acting and beautiful song. 

The ending is an open ending. But for me, it is happy ending. 

Despite the good, the story could have been better with longer episodes to flesh out some things and better editing. But overall, I really recommend this story for Xianxia lovers or people who want to try Xianxia genre. 

For people who want to watch this series in Viki, can use this form to request https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713

Rating : 9 of 10

Regards, 
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment