Friday, January 27, 2017

Film Review : Hacker (2016)





Synopsis : 

With the help of his new friends Alex Danyliuk turns to a life of crime and identity theft

Review : 

When I see the trailer, I know that I have to watch this movie. I always have soft spot for espionage and hacking movie especially one that based on true story. I have to say that I am coming late because of personal errant. Nonetheless, I don't miss anything important. The story was quite short. It was easy to be understand except you need to connect the dots for certain scene. The story itself is very simple. It was about Alex and how he connects with Deep Web leader Zed. Even though it was not story driven, the writer also neglect the characters. The characters are two dimensional and predictable. I don't know whether to like or hate Alex, maybe indifferent. I can see why it has limited opening. Doesn't have the recipe to become box office success. More like wannabe documentary except I don't even feel it was documentary film like Snowden. The ending left me disappointed because it was very rushed. If I don't know any better, I'd say the writer hate Anonymous so much to make the ending like that. Anyway, this is low budget movie. The actors are handsome and pretty but doesn't show much acting. Even when they cry, I still don't feel the emotion. The "weak" song doesn't help either. 

Anyway, I don't recommend this movie for people looking for great and blockbuster movie, but for people who don't mind "not your typical great movie but different" movie.  

Rating : 5 of 10


Regards, 
Angela  


   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment