Monday, November 28, 2016

Book Review : Seed of Control : Generations to Execute by Lawrence Verigin



Synopsis : 


Seed of Control is the explosive sequel to the award-winning, high-concept thriller Dark Seed. Journalist and author Nick Barnes is back, finding himself quickly thrown into a chain of events which uncovers a plot so beyond moral comprehension that it will affect Earth's entire population. The plot has taken generations to develop and in on the cusp of being fully implemented. 

Agri-industrialist Dr. Hendrick Schmidt and media baron Davis Lovemark lead the villainous plot with the unerring belief that they are the stewards of humanity and that they alone have the right to decide the fate of the masses.

Review : 


My first impression when seeing this novel is I like its design cover. You know that it's gonna be epic. From what I know this is the sequel from popular story Dark Seed. And to be honest, I don't read Dark Seed. So I cannot comment about its story. I can see that this story is direct continuation from Dark Seed based on the plot because it still involves many characters from Dark Seed. I like the characters. It's not perfect but unique. I don't know how to explain it. It just not like your average main protagonist and main antagonist. For the story itself, nothing extra ordinary. It’s not bad, just not great either. 

The story focus more on the background. It was quite slow pace. You keep reading and waiting when the final conflict will materialized. I am not saying there’s no action, in fact plenty of them. I just feel that it was unnecessary action. The conflict itself was underwhelming. I mean you expect big fight between the good guys and the bad guys . But that’s not what you get. You get the fight between good guys and bad guys "thugs". I cannot say more without spoiling the story. But at the end, I am not satisfied with the ending. I feel cheated with the ending. Maybe the author want to make big impression with this kind of ending. But for me, it was backfired because it feels quite rush and leave bad taste. 

To be honest, I don’t know whether my opinion will change if I read Dark Seed first. But for people whom like to read Seed of Control, I really recommend to read Dark Seed first because it is not an independent story (even if it was not series). 

My rating : 3 of 5


Regards, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment