Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Book Review: The Air He Breathes (Elements #1, 2015)


Synopsis:

Both Tristan and Elizabeth lost their love ones. Tristan lost his wife and son in the accident that he think he is the who's responsible and Elizabeth lost her husband and her father. They met in unfavourable condition and they hope they can overcome their past and find happiness together. could they?

Review:

I found this story is too dramatic and dragging. I want to love the book, but there are couple of things I wonder..

1. If Tristan is so fucked up and isolated and keep feeling big guilty emotion in himself, why he don't tried to talk to someone or therapist? Why he just being asshole to peoples as one of his release?

2. Elizabeth also same either, she thought therapist were supposed to help you move on, and I didn't want to move on. I yearned to go backward (chapter 15), I thought Elizabeth better seek therapist too? At least Elizabeth is better, she realized she need therapist just did not want to.

So, I get both of them don't want to move on and tend to stay in their past memories. First, I thought I start to enjoy the story when Tristan and Elizabeth start to make love each other as if they did with their old lovers. But then, Problems comes like Tanner who pursued Elizabeth like crazy and Elizabeth husband is the one who drives car and crash Tristan' wife and son. I don't like how dramatic and emotional Tristan. He is not my favorite character. He is too childish to overcome his own issues. I think he needs time to settle himself before he can take care and settle with Elizabeth. Honestly, I am not sure that if Tristan loves Elizabeth if he can't love himself well.

I am thinking to read other books in this series.  This first book does not really convince me to read the others.

Rating: 3.5/5


Kind regards,

Selene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment