Monday, March 12, 2018

Film Review: Murder on The Orient Express (2017)


Synopsis:

A man is killed on the train and the famous detective Hercule Poirot who is on the same train will reveal the killer.

Review:

Mr. Ratchett was asking Hercule Poirot to be his bodyguard for the three day journey, which he declined. Later, Mr. Ratchett was killed on the train and Hercule Poirot determined to find the killer.

When I was a high school student, I started to read Agatha Christie novels. At the beginning of this film, I just know this is one of the Agatha Christie novels based on 'Hercule Poirot' name. As I remembered, Mr Poirot is Belgian detective who ocassionally showed his french language. He has best friend named Mr. Hastings, who helps him a lot for his cases. Poirot himself is famous belgian detective and solve a lot of complicated cases. I liked how detail and intuitive Monsieur Poirot when he read his suspects.

This film is good. the plot is good too. Yet, I don't like the ending of this film. I preferred one person suspect and blamed for the crime, as in its usual ending of his cases. This ending include so many peoples who actually be blamed for Mr. Ratchett' died. I mean one person's planning the whole scenario, still a lot of peoples did harm to Mr. Ratchett. The interrogation itself is bit rushed and not detail as in the novel.

I still recommend this film if you like Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie' novels. This will raise some sense of nostalgia.

Rating: 7.5/10


Best regards,

Selene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment