Thursday, August 3, 2017

Film Review : Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets (2017)





Review : 

I want to say that I quite like the trailer and it was beautiful. So I decide to watch it. But my opinion is that the story is less beautiful than the visual. I don't know what happen but it was less satisfying watching the movie. The story is simple despite the impression the trailer give. You think it was the fight between evil dark force and civilization. The truth is it was simpler than that. Well, I cannot share much without spoiling it. The fight is pretty bad (well the budget goes for the visual after all). 

Despite the story, the other characters make nice impression except the bad guys. They are quite outstanding in their own rights. Valerian is womanizer but dependable and Laureline is smart and tough woman. There are also some funny moment with Bubble (Rihanna). Unfortunately that was not the case for the bad guys. If they place more emphasized for the bad guys, it will make the fight much more interesting. Not too mention, the music basically non existent to support the climax scene.

Anyway, the movie is quite unnecessarily long. I mean I like long movie but not when it was unnecessary. You can still enjoy the movie even if certain scenes were removed like the whole arc about glamopod and wholan bateur (forget the name). Anyway, I have soft spot for scify. So, I don't hate the movie. It was quite enjoyable if you can just not think too much about the movie and some of its disbelieve moments. 

Rating : 6 of 10 stars


 Regards, 
Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment