Friday, September 21, 2018

Game Review : Island








Dear All,

I just finished playing game Island by Frontwing. I can say that I am really happy and satisfied with this game. At first I thought this game is just your typical moege. But it turns out like Himawari Sunflower by Frontwing too. I don't know what kind of genre this game is. It looks like combination between romance and science fiction. Anyway, let start for it. 

Island tell the story about a man named Setsuna that washed ashore at Urashima Island without his memory. With him, there's CD with the tittle Island. In that island there's also a girl named Rinne. What's more there's a sad legend about people name Setsuna and Rinne. They love each other. Unfortunately since they are family, it is forbidden relationship. So, witch curse Rinne and Setsuna have to find way to break Rinne from the curse. Coincidence ?! You have to play the game to find the answer for that. 

I really like this game because it involved time travel and time paradox. I mean I really learn a lot about it whether it is true or not. Anyway, there are several routes that you can choose in this game. You have to finish the first two route which is Karen route and Sara route before you can play Rinne route. After that you can play Winter route. The last, you can play mid summer route to get the True Ending. If I have to choose I really like Rinne route and Winter route. Maybe because it's the most heartbreaking one. 

Anyway, as expected from Frontwing, the story, art, music, and voice acting are top notch. The characters are quite lively. I really like all of them even annoying one like Karen's father. Unfortunately, the ending itself is quite little weak. I mean there are many mystery but at the end there is still things I don't understand. You have to try to understand it by yourself. But maybe it's also one of its biggest strength because it's a mystery. Anyway, I really like this game. It's really heartbreaking and touching. There is one OST I really like. Its name is Power Out of Pain. Unfortunately, I cannot give the link for OST because I cannot find it on Youtube. Hope someone will upload for it soon. 

I really recommend this game for people whom like romance and science fiction genre. But it can be a little heavy because it's quite long. So, for newbie, I suggest to find lighter game first. For information, there is also anime adaption for about 13 episodes. But I don't know which route they will adapt for the story. 

Rating : 9 of 10


Regards, 
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment