Sunday, April 8, 2018

Game Review : Himawari Sunflower





You can't forget



Beautiful dream



Dear all, 

At last I managed to finish another great game. I thought I won't find great moege game. Actually I wonder whether Himawari Sunflower is pure moege game. I think it was combination between moege and chunige. Anyway, this is one great game that was published by Frontwing. Well, I can say that Frontwing game is quite great like Sekai Project. 

To be honest at first I thought this is gonna be action visual novel. But it looks like that I am wrong. It was romance game with sad and mystery theme. I supposed this combination is quite good in itself. Especially the way it lay the story. Remind me about Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni in which you will only get complete answer after you complete true ending. It was quite long game but it really worth it. I know for some people amnesia story is cliched but I really like it. It makes you feel there's much more things happening behind the scene. And you kind of anticipate how it will unfold. Well, let's go to the story. 

The story is about amnesia boy name Hinata Youichi. He is the sole survivor of Saionji first passenger test flight. 518 lives died in the accident. It was not explained what caused the accident and how could Youichi survive. But don't worry, you will uncover the mystery at the end of true ending. But I have to warn that it was a sad one. So prepare your tissue guys. Together with side story Komurabi and Kagerou. It can break your heart. Yes the story really that sad but also beautiful. The characters are quite amazing in its own. They are not extravagant but your typical visual novel characters. Still, it leaves deep impression for me. The graphic is quite great too. But I think what makes all of this amazing is the music. It is not very deep and catchy like G-Senjou No Maou and Muv Luv but still very beautiful in its own right. I doubt it will be this amazing if not because of the music. I cannot stop listening to the music. Not to mention the voice acting was done by well known seiyuu like Hoshi Soichiro, Keiji Fujiwara, Ayako Kawasumi, Mikako Takahashi, Katsuyuki Konishi, etc. No wonder, I feel their voice are familiar in a good way. 

Well, it may looks like perfect and good. But I have to admit that it could have been better. I think they can really improve with the ending. I mean basically there are 3 heroines in this story which is Aries, Aqua, and Asuka. According to the walkthrough Asuka route have the true ending. From my experience, true ending should be the most impactful and thorough but somehow I prefer Aqua ending. Or maybe because I have high expectation for Asuka ending after playing Aqua ending. So when it doesn't exceed my expectation, I feel a little disappointed. Last but not least, about the epilogue. It really need improvement. I understand that they want to make an open ending. But I think it's better if they don't because it was done halfheartedly. 

Anyway, this is one great novel. I really recommend it for visual novel fans whether moege lovers or chunige lovers. 

Rating : 9.5 of 10 stars


Regards, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment