Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Game Review : ACE Academy








Dear All, 

Now I would like to review another game. The name is ACE Academy. Actually I have already finished this game from long time ago. But it looks like that I forgot to review it. My mistake. Haha

Well, from the name you can infer that the setting is school. But unlike ordinary school, this school have certain popular and unique major which is about robot competition. I am sorry my English is bad. What I mean is this school teach its student to become robot pilot and fight among each other with their own customized robot. Like any other game, suspension disbelieve was necessary. Basically the story tell about American-Japanese siblings that move to Japan and attend ACE Academy because of family circumstances. They live together with their uncle. And so their life begin together with the mystery about their parents death. 

I have to say that I really like the story and the graphics. Well, the graphic is quite "western" so it was refreshing. It was really "mature", "smooth", and "perfect" (sorry that's just my feeling. I mean I can say that developer (PixelFade) really put their efforts into it. You really feel the story. It is alive and engaging. The characters are also very interesting. But there's one little or (maybe big) problem. It was the ending. I won't lie, the ending leave something to be desire. I mean it was quite rushed. I really mean it, especially the last choice. I don't know what to make of it. It feels like they don't know what to do with it but also want to give it some closure. The problem is it's not really closure. More likely another question on top of other questions. Still I take what I can get. it already much better than most visual novel after all. The music is ordinary. I don't really remember anything special. 

Anyway, all in all, ACE Academy is good game. I really recommend this game for people who want to play light game with some romance and mystery elements. 

Rating : 8 of 10 stars


Best Regards, 
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment