Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Book Review: Milk and Honey (2014)

he asks me what i do
i tell him i work for a small company
that makes packaging for---
he stops me midsentence
no not what you do to pay the bills
what drives you crazy
what keeps you up at night

i tell him i write
he asks me to show him something
i take the tips of my fingers
place them inside his forearm
and graze them down his wrist
goose bumps rise to the surface
i see his mouth clench
muscle tighten
his eyes pore into mine
as though i'm the reason
for making them blink
i break gaze just as
he inches toward me
i step back

so that's what you do
you command attention
my cheeks flush as
i smile shyly
confessing
i can't help it

-Rupi Kaur
Milk and Honey, 2014




This is one of my favorite from the book Milk and Honey. The book itself is well written and inspiring. I seem hard to put down this book, flipping page to page and enjoying.

Rating: 4.5/5

Kind regards,

~Selene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment