Friday, April 10, 2020

Game Review : Tokyo Babel


Opening movie

Stairway To 






Dear All, 

It has been a very very very long time since I last write in this blogspot. Well, I am really sorry for that. It just that I think I have a little burn out with game and book so I avoid them for a while. Now I am ready to devour them again. ha ha.

Now I would like to review one of the best game that I have played. The name is Tokyo Babel. This game was developed by Propeller and localized by Manga Gamer. Maybe you can guess what kind of game it is based on the name. For some of us, this game will remind us about babel in bible. Now let's we go. 

First I would like to say that I am really happy to know this game. I mean I really like this game so much. The story is well thought and the presentation is outstanding. The characters are also lovely even the bad guys. This game tell the story about human, angel and demon. There is also mention about heaven and hell and also multiverse. You can imagine about that. Anyway, in this story there are countless wars between angel and demon. But one day, tragedy befall into the universe. This tragedy was known as Divine Calamity. Heaven was closed, Hell was submerged, Multiverse was destroyed one by one.  Even both angel and demon become madness. No one knows what happen. One day Archangel Michael and Messenger of God appear in front of them and ask them to pilgrim into the heaven. And the rest is our job to uncover what happen. 

Anyway, there are 3 routes in this game. There are Raizel route (angel), Sorami route (human), and Lilith route (demon). But there are also Setsuna route. Setsuna is the protagonist. To be honest, I don't play Setsuna Route because I think it's nearly the same with Lilith route. Before playing the game, you can prepare some tissues because the story is very very sad and tragic. It doesn't help that the song is quite sad. I really like song Stairway To. It is one of the saddest song that I know. It looks like that I will keep playing this song for some time. The other song is just so so. There are many mystery in this story but don't worry all will be unraveled one by one. Because of that, you should play the route in their order from Raizel, Sorami, and Lilith. Otherwise, you'll get major spoilers. 

This game also have many famous seiyu with oustanding voice acting. I really like all of them especially Uriel voice actor (Nobuhiko Okamoto). It just click with me from the first time he speak. For the character itself, I really like Camael. I mean he is my ideal self. His ending in Lilith route is very touching. I hope this is not too big of a spoiler. The graphic and animation is top notch. I mean I really like it. It's soft and vibrant at the same time. So, there's that. 

I really recommend this game for people who like chuunige, fantasy, and bibble related story. The story is related with religion and God so it can be provocating for some person. Just remember that this is just game. 

Rating : 10 of 10 stars


Regards, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment