Saturday, July 11, 2020

Game Review : Steam Prison


opening


Distant home (tittle theme)





Dear All, 

It's been some time since my last post. Now I would like to make review about another lovely otome game. My last otome game is Cinderella Phenomenon. I really love it. This other otome game is also very good. The game is Steam Prison. 

Otome game is one genre of visual novel in which the female protagonist will romance one of several male characters in the game. Usually, they have route order that you better follow in order not to spoil the story. This is also the same case with Steam Prison. 

The story is about female protagonist (that you can name her first name) who live in The Heights. The Heights are a gorgeous utopia. But there are also another world in The Depths, a filthy industrial wasteland. The heroine has nothing but contempt for the The Depths until she was sent into the Depths. 

First I would like to say that I really like the story. The idea of two world is a big sell for me. I mean just based on the summary, you can feel that it is quite interesting. With addition of great art, music, and voice acting, it was a big treat for whomever playing this game. The story is simple and yet deep at the same time. Of course, it could have been better but it is still much better than many visual novel game. I really like most characters except maybe the female protagonist. It's not that I hate her but she is quite shallow I think compare to other characters. Even the bad guy is still better than her. Character I like the most is Ulrik. He is childish but also dependable at the same time. I cannot help but want to tease him most of the time. 

The music is also quite suitable for the game. Of course, there are more games with better music but I think this is also quite good considering the theme and the story. For the music, I really like The route order that I recommend is Eltcreed, Ulrik, Adage, Ines, Yune, and then grand ending. Otherwise, you will get spoiled with the story. The best route, of course is grand ending in which everyone (except the bad guy) have happy ending and the closure to their own problems. It makes sense that you have to complete all the ending first before being able to play grand ending because many mysteries only get answered in normal ending. So, it doesn't get addressed again in grand ending. Still I think some questions remain. 


I really recommend this game for people who like otome game with good story. Even if you don't like otome, I still recommend that visual novel lovers try this game for the story. 


Rating : 8 of 10 stars


Regards, 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment